Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sunday's Seven Snapshots vol.109

Hellish heat continues...several days this week exceeded 110*F (43*C)...I tried to walk early...as you can see by my tomato face, I was still feeling the heat. 

We had some fun times for the husband's birthday weekend including the Guns N Roses concert.

My pics from the show are crap because we were farrrrrrr away, but if you care about rock music at all, you will understand my excitement when Angus Young of AC/DC joined the stage for 2 songs.  Living legends!  This is a pic of Angus, Duff, and Slash. You just have to trust me on that.

Not my picture, but I had to share to show that Duff won the best t-shirt contest.

The stepkid's birthday gift to his dad was taking him to a cat cafe, as they share a love of all things feline.

There are 13 rescue cat residents at the Catmosphere Cafe ~ we watched them snooze, fed them tuna, and enjoyed every second of it.

Going to a cat cafe checked off another item on my "50 Before 50" list too.  Bonus!  I'm surprised we didn't try to leave with them all. 

Kitties & a concert ~ that's a good week for me ~ hope it was a good one for you too!

14 comments:

  1. It's so tempting to leave with those kitties, isn't it? I'm amazed I didn't either when I went there last year. Oh and how hot has it been?! We haven't gone up to 43 because we are closer to the coast but I swear my house is 10 times hotter than outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my good friend lives in Sydney and he's also dying from the heatwave! all of his photos on FB are shirtless LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat Cafe: amazing.

    I do not share your passion for rock and roll, but I'm so glad you were able to see such a bunch of legends in concert...what a birthday present!

    I hope fall comes to Sydney soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome! AC/DC is one of my favorite bands and I really like Guns N Roses. What an awesome show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kitten cafe is such a cute idea! I love that you guys celebrated there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like your step-son to gift me on my birthday. BEST. GIFT. EVER! (Although... I might trade in "cat" for "dog" if possible. If not I will gladly cuddle felines!) What a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 43°C? HELP!! It was 40°C for about two days our first summer here and I thought I might die.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cat cafe is heaven and I would want to take them all home, too! They're trying to open some in Houston and I think there's one in Old Town Spring. I'm headed there in a few weekends so I'll check it out and report back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. everyone is talking about how you guys are pretty much in hell with the weather down there and i feel for you girl! i cant even imagine - and it is not letting up and you are STILL walking. props to you! the pics from the cat cafe are so dang cute! you would have had to pry me outta there ha. and the concert! i loved your snaps! looked like the best time!!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a great week! That's so much fun, I really really want to go to a cat cafe! :) XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved seeing all of your snaps of the cat cafe! It looked like so much fun, and is there anything better than going somewhere to cuddle with kittens or puppies? How did y'all not leave with more fur babies?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had me at Cat Cafe! OMG! I would have spent the entire day there and tried to sneak a cat (or all) with me. What a fun gift! The concert sounds like it was amazing and I bet everyone went nuts when Angus Young joined them! I never realized that Australia got so hot. 110 degrees is insane! I will no longer complain when it gets 90+ degrees here.

    Okay, I'll still complain but I will feel mildly guilty about it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. obviously we are going to Catmosphere Cafe in June, yes? k.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eep! You look like you're overheating in the first pic. How nice of the boy to treat his dad like that. I had no idea what a cat cafe was until about 6 months ago; a few here and there have popped up in Toronto and it's a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!