Thursday, October 6, 2016

Currently... linking up about Stuff and Things vol.7


Celebrating.....  my partner visa being granted.  I already plastered this on other forms of social media, but I'm pretty happy/relieved with this behind us.  It took 19 months from application submittal with documents (so many attachments that I had to receive permission to send more), pictures, legal declarations of proof of relationship, fingerprinting with an FBI check and AFP (Australian Federal Police) check, medical physicals, lots of money (because this process ain't cheap), headaches, anxiety, and worry.  Now, I wait another 6 months to submit my request for "permanent residency".

Wearing..... this new super comfortable shirt dress.  I love spring clothes!
Having..... such a bad hair day, it doesn't even look good in a knot.  Not that it ever looks "good" in a knot, but, you know what I mean.

Trying.... to read people's messy handwriting.  Customers are offering/asking to subscribe for our customer database at work.  Wouldn't you think that you'd write as clearly as possible your email address if you want someone else to be able to read it?

Thinking..... of ways that I can participate in this "Back to Blogging Non-challenge Challenge" hosted by Alyssa.

Participating..... in the Great Pumpkin Swap.  Are you?  There's still time to sign up if you do it now!
http://www.kedarhower.com/2016/09/pumpkin-swapping-year-5.html

Attempting..... to finish the bonus round of my book challenge, Book Challenge by Erin.  This is the final month of the challenge, and I've never actually finished the "bonus round".  I get distracted by other books I want to read, which is totally fine, but I want to finish the bonus round one of these times.  I've got four books needed to be read to finish.  Totally doable.  I've got all of them on reserve at the library (or sitting on my floor waiting to be read):  Girl Waits with Gun by Amy Stewart, The Island by Victoria Hislop, Baby Doll by Hollie Overton, and Heidi by Johanna Spyri

Liking..... that the books I need to read are a mix of genres, because those of you who follow my reading habits know that I like to mix it up. 

Reading.....  well, you'd think that if I really wanted to finish that bonus round, I'd be reading one of those books, am I right?  Well, I'm not.  I'm reading The Dry by Jane Harper because it has received a ton of buzz in Australia, and I was 18th in line when I put my name on library reserve.  My turn for it is now, so I started reading it today.

Watching......  nothing.  I should be watching movies for the fall film challenge, but I'm failing miserably.

Sharing.....  this adorable story about my nephew and his Homecoming date.  They've known each other since they were preschool age.  They used to call each other boyfriend & girlfriend in elementary school.  They've remained close friends all these years and went to Homecoming together this year.  Aren't they just too cute for words?

Loving..... that Niece 2 is so confident, secure, and comfortable that when she wanted to wear a tee shirt, gold skirt, and Converse to her Homecoming dance, that's exactly what she wore.

Planning.....  another consultation with my tattoo artist.  I'm meeting with her this Friday.  Some more new ink coming soon!

Feeling..... anxious and excited about what the future holds for my guy and me.  Last month's link up, I talked about the fact that we are closing our current store at the end of the year.  We've been talking and planning, researching and looking, brainstorming and developing our plans for the future.  Hopefully, only good things to come. 

Linking..... with Kristen and Gretchen:
What's New With You


Linking up with  Kristin & Joey:


25 comments:

  1. now i feel guilty for ranting at you. you've watched two movies you probably NEVER would've seen. think of it this way. there are forty-one members (including me) in the facebook group, plus one gal who's not in it but is playing along anyway. i have eighteen lists, not including mine. only six people have watched more than ten films. you are not failing. you've got your reading challenge, a man, stepchildren, work... a LIFE. this is supposed to be fun. you're not failing. okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congratulations on the visa! That must be such a relief!

    Yeah... I haven't even finished the first round for your challenge never mind any bonuses! Currently reading "Kim" for my over 100 year old book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing the next phase of your residency process! What a pain in the keister that must be! It's so interesting that you are posting about loving spring clothes and I'm here in the US taking stock of my winter wardrobe. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that shirt dress! I am enjoying wearing the ones I have with leggings (fall vs. spring! haha). Congratulations on being granted the partner visa!! Such a process but you must feel relieved. I can't wait to hear where your business takes you in the new year.
    I still have to finish 2 more books for your challenge, but I think I should be able to get them done by the end of the month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that shirt dress! i should bust mine out since summer decided to show up this week.

    congrats on the visa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yayyyyyyyyyyyyy congrats on the visa!!!!

    i feel you on the bad hair day. my hair is pretty much permanently bad hair days unless i straighten or curl it, but sometimes it's so so bad that it looks bad in a knot/bun and that's when you know it's really bad lol.

    i don't think i have finished a single book for your challenge. shame on me. NEXT time i am going to either choose multiple books or choose as i go, if that's okay with you.

    your niece and nephew are too cute. love that your niece wore what she want!

    the dry sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. seriously i'm so excited to see where life takes you and your guy post store closing. it's so full of possibilities! and how adorable are both your nephew and your niece - and that story! just love :) and girl - bad hair day here too. i feel that!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting your visa granted! That's huge! Also your shirt dress is lovely, looks like the sort of thing you could wear almost anywhere/to any occasion. I need more clothes like that.
    I'm excited to hear what your next venture will be! Good luck with planning :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from Stuff & Things! Congrats on getting your visa! I literally just heard about the Back to Blogging challenge from the last blog I was checking out via the link up and am pretty excited to participate in some of the prompts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cant wait to see the new ink.
    I love your niece knows her style!
    & your nephew & that girl -that is precious - her dress & shoes- YESSSSSS!!
    I love your shirt dress. Super cute print!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have watched ZERO movies in the challenge and feel awful. But I just can't sit and watch a movie when I have parties to clean for and landscaping to do and 5:30am yoga and a book challenge. Haha. I want to watch the movies, but 24hours just isn't enough. Ha.
    Also, CONGRATULATIONS on your visa!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey! do not feel awful! i forbid it. it's meant to be FUN, audrey louise. it's meant to get you to see things you'd not normally see.

      Delete
  12. yay visa!! haha you would die at my handwriting, it's so terrible and only getting worse since I type absolutely everything now. It's a goal of mine to work on it but I haven't started yet...

    ReplyDelete
  13. My handwriting is the worst. I can't save it.

    I missed that you're closing the store. Still looking to stay in jewelry or unsure as of yet?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how your nephew is rocking a pink bow-tie! :) He and his date are adorable together. Love your shirt dress. I loved dresses but they just don't fit me right. The waist never hits where it is supposed to. Grrr. I've got two more books to go before I finish your book challenge. Hoping to finish one this weekend. I won't make it to the bonus round but that's okay. I hear you on the anxiety of starting something new and I know you and your husband will do and be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your visa!

    Did I tell you I plan to get a tattoo? Just need to figure out where I want it...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwww I love the homecoming story how cute!!! That dress of yours is super cute! I love spring and summer dresses but I am just sooooo over the heat here now I am ready for some fall weather! It was 87 yesterday. Woof. I wish you guys all the best in your future plans!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Business moves are so scary - good luck! I was listening to This American Life this morning and it was about the visa lottery in the US... while your situation is completely different, the red tape and unease you must feel has to be similar. I'm happy things are going well right now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm with you on the film challenge. Last year I knocked it out, this year... I think I've watched 8 and then faceplanted.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your visa!! I had no idea what a process all of that is. I wonder, do refugees who come to America/Canada have to go through the same ordeal?! (I know nothing about this so...) I was doing so well in your book challenge, but now with 4 books still to go, I know I won't finish in time. BUT, I had a lot of fun picking books and reading things that have been on my shelf for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hooray and congrats on the visa update!

    Love that you're into the challenge. So stoked to start seeing people's posts next week!

    What a great couple of shots of niece and nephew! Good for that awesome young lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ugh bad handwriting is the worst. That happens to me at work too and it's so frustrating! Love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Reading messing handwriting is the story of my life.

    Glad your visa went through!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Boom - awesome news on the visa! Phew, glad that part is over for you! Love the Homecoming stories - ours is this weekend and my son is going with friends . . . not date! Funny story - he was going to ask a girl but word on the street was that she didn't want to go with a boy her freshman year so he aborted his mission! Ha! Cheaper for me - no corsage!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so behind I have no idea what any of these challenges are! I'm finally catching up and I'm seeing people post about them but I'm completely out of the loop! I adore that dress on you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!