Monday, December 21, 2015

Aussie Author Challenge 2016

I participated in the Aussie Author Challenge 2015; I reached "kangaroo" status, and I loved discovering Aussie authors new to me or reading authors that I didn't even realize were Australian.  (My final post about it is here.)  A couple of the books that I read for the challenge will even make it to my Best Books I Read 2015 post coming up soon!

I'm a self-professed book challenge junkie, right?  Needless to say, I've be organizing my Aussie Author Challenge 2016 list before the challenge was even announced.  Well, it's HERE
http://bookloverbookreviews.com/reading-challenges/aussie-author-challenge-2016
 
I'm pretty sure I've got Kristen roped in for it this year.  Any other book lovers want to join us?  You only have to commit to reading and reviewing 3 books (for the minimum level).  That's not asking too much, is it?
 
Here's the info (or click on the picture/link to take you directly to the site): 

Read on to decide which challenge level suits you and how you can get involved.

WALLABY
Read and review 3 titles written by Australian authors, of which at least 1 of those authors are female, at least 1 of those authors are male, and at least 1 of those authors are new to you; Fiction or non-fiction, any genre.
WALLAROO Read and review 6 titles written by Australian authors, of which at least 2 of those authors are female, at least 2 of those authors are male, and at least 2 of those authors are new to you; Fiction or non-fiction, at least 2 genre.
KANGAROO
Read and review 12 titles written by Australian Authors of which at least 4 of those authors are female, at least 4 of those authors are male, and at least 4 of those authors are new to you; Fiction or non-fiction, at least 3 genre.

How to Join:
1. Tell the world you are committing to this challenge and at what level – you can do that either on your own website, facebook or google+, or any other form of social media that will allow you to convey your feelings about each book after reading them. In that commitment provide a link to this page and display the Aussie Author Challenge 2016 badge to show your support for the initiative. Then register for the challenge by adding a link to your challenge commitment using the Registration Linky below.
2. Each time you read and review a book please provide a link back to this challenge page. Then add a link to that review to the Aussie Book Reviews Linky below.
3. When you have completed this challenge tell the world about the acheivement, and submit a link to that completion announcement via the Challenge Completion Linky below.
When sharing your reviews via twitter, or more generally discussing this challenge, use the hashtag #aussieauthor. If you ever have any difficulties using the form below don’t hesitate to email me at bookwordlover@gmail.com.
Resources you may find useful:
I'm going for KANGAROO status again, and here's my initial book choices:

Female Authors:

Male Authors:

Authors New to Me:
 
Have you read any of these?  What did you think?  Did you know the author is Australian?

7 comments:

  1. I am only familiar with Liane Moriarty, but haven't read The Husband's Secrets. (I've only read What Alice Forgot and really, really liked it!) I've heard of Rabbit Proof Fence, but only because I've seen the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the reading challenges that you participate in! I had no idea that Kate Morton was an Aussie! I've read one of her books and have a few more, including The Forgotten Garden on my TBR. I feel like you can't go wrong with Liane Moriarty either, she's just so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have only ever read two books by an Australian author Sonya Hartnett and Rebecca James, I read Butterfly and enjoyed it and would recommend it if you have not read it yet but was not as much of a fan of Beautiful Malice by James.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rabbit Proof Fence is (I think) on my TBR.

    I might join this challenge, if I can make it fit the other one I'm doing (which is really one I've designed just for myself so I can add any rules I want).

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have only read one of these, i forget - what other liane moriarty books have you read, if you have? i have heard of rabbit proof fence so i'm intrigued to know your thoughts when you read it. you've definitely got me roped in, i will try for kangaroo as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Husband's Secret is my least favorite Moriarty, but I still liked it. I want to read Rabbit-Proof Fence! I saw the movie and it was good-ish, and I'm sure the book is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I may have to do this one this year. I'm currently on the hunt for book challenges to join and I need to get in touch my Aussie roots :)

    I recommend John Marsden if you haven't read anything of his.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!